Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sleeping Beauty, The Mom behind the Baby & Tale of the Bloody Thumb

I have 3 stories to Tell: ....
  • SLEEPING BEAUTY: Yea. Finally Heather is home for the summer. It is so exciting to see her again. Just to sit around and have sister talk is so much fun. I'm jealous of Jessica because she gets to see her all the time. So she spent the night at my place on Sunday and boy she likes to sleep in. I got her up at 11. Sure she is one hour behind but she slept through.....Josh, me doing laundry, vacuuming, the garbage truck, the roofer on the roof fixing it, and the builders next door. I'm amazed that she slept through all of it. It also made me feel really productive that I got a bunch done while she was sleeping.

  • THE MOM BEHIND THE BABY: I'm having identity issues...kind of. So yesterday Brandon got home. It just annoys me to death how Jason's parents act around Josh. I'm grateful and happy that they love Josh sooo much but they almost express it in ways that make me feel like I don't matter. For instants Brandon gets home. I made it a point that I wanted to be the one holding Josh when Brandon steps off the plane I had to keep telling Jason's dad that I would hold him. They just expect that if they are in the room with Josh that they automatically get to hold him. So Brandon is here. Everyone is saying hi. It's my turn I'm about to say hi/give hugs and Jason's dad cuts me off and says this is Josh...my line after I say my hellos. I know I'm probably just PMSing, but this is just one instants and it's just starting to annoy me. Every time we see them, they don't say hi Jen how are you doing. It is hi Josh as they disappear with my baby. Sometimes if they come over to my house. I just feel awkward as the play with Josh. It's almost like I'm not even there. I think should I go work on something or continue my show I was watching, but then I think that would be rude. I'm glad they love him so much, but I wish they would do it in a way that doesn't make me feel bad/invisible or pounce on my motherhood privileges such as introducing my son.

  • TALE OF THE BLOODY THUMB: I had my first child & blood experience today. I don't do well with blood. I was in the scrapbooking room doing a little scrapbooking. Josh was on the floor playing. He started playing with the air intake thing by the door. I kept looking up to make sure he doesn't venture out in the hall and head for the stairs. We were both having fun until the next time I look up and there is blood all over the door. It was like a horror film. I guess he had cut his thumb on one of the tops of the screws or on the vent somehow (I'm still not quite sure how he did it I could not find anything sharp) and then was finger painting with his blood. It was really hard dealing with it because it was a gusher and he would not sit still. I don't think he was bothered by it in the least bit though. After putting a band aid on one thumb. He started putting it in his mouth so I put a band aid on the other so he would have 2 to play with. Hopefully it will stay on. He's sleeping now and I just finished cleaning the blood off my carpet & walls.

4 comments:

rebecca said...

OK that blood story was scary! I would be freaking out if I noticed that happening with Alice.
And about the mom behind the baby thing, I have a feeling that will never end. My mom was the same way when we got my sister home from the airport. I mean come on, I had the kid and paid for her, I get to present her as my pet/toy/burden.

Jessica G. said...

And now it's my turn to be jealous is you. Tell Heather she's missing out on all the way fun potty training!

Gotta say, I lucked out on the in-laws. Mine are great! I really think that their behavior needs to be ended. What are they going to do with a second child? Or Brandon's? Might need a major showdown before anything happens, though.

Heidi said...

First, I have to say that I can't stop thinking how awesome it is (or maybe I'm just uber jealous) that you get to have a scrapbooking room.

And I think it really is natural for a mom to want to be the want to introduce her child. I have a family member who picks up babies and just walks away with them without saying a word to their parents and it already makes me nervous about when my baby is born. I don't want her doing that, you know? so what do you do, be the bad guy and say no or just deal with it? I don't have an answer, but I definitely understand your frustration!

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.